The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Wow, It's Been Awhile.....





For those of you who don't have Facebook - I'm sorry that I've been out of touch recently. For the most part, there has been so much going on that I don't know what to write and what not to write. Also, Facebook is so super addicting, that it has captured my attention more than blogging. But, I do understand that there are family members who are not on Facebook and rely on this blog to keep up with our goings-on. So, here we go.....


First of all, since my last post - so much has happened that I will be very brief in each item. Most of you who read this already know the situation with my mom, so for an up date, we are continuing to believe that she will come out of this coma and be completely restored neurologically and physically. Right now, we are also believing for her red blood cell count to be normal. Please continue to pray with us and stand with us for her complete recovery.


My brother-in-law's wedding has come and gone, unfortunately we were not able to make it out west as we had originally planned. Since my mom has been in the hospital, it wasn't been feasible to leave and go on holidays, we really felt that we needed to be home and focusing our attention on getting Mom out of that bed. We were disappointed, of course, to miss out on seeing Chris' family, but they were all so great and understanding. We also realized that me leaving, with Mom in the condition that she was in, would cause me more stress than I already had - and I was advised medically that it would not be in mine or the baby's best interest. So our plan is to take a trip to visit Chris' family sometime after the baby is born. From what we heard, and the beautiful pictures, Terry's wedding went really well and they are extremely happy. Congratulations Terry & Tanya!!


Also, Shana's birthday was just over a week ago. She is now 2! It is so hard to believe, man time flies by! We kept her birthday farely low-key. On the actual day of her birthday we took her out for dinner, and then gave her one of her presents - a veggie tales DVD. She had already received one present the week before, an inflatable swimming pool which she absolutely loves! Then on Saturday, we had some of my family come up and I cooked dinner and we had cake and Shana received some more presents. For those of you on Facebook, I've got tons of pictures and videos posted from that day. She had a great time and can say how old she is now!


So, those are the major events that have been going on. Between living a normal life, as much as possible, and being at the hospital as much as possible, we've also managed to get more stuff ready for the baby. Since Shana is now in her big girl bed, we've completely set up the baby's room and now even have a few items of clothing for him. We went shopping at Old Navy and also The Children's Place and got him a few really cute outfits. I also went through Shana's baby clothes and pulled out stuff that would work for a boy - mostly sleepers and diaper shirts. We also have some cute pictures for his wall and some robeez (which I got for 30% off - you Moms will appreciate that!) We also bought Shana a new dresser from Ikea, so we were able to move all her baby furniture into the new baby's room, and her room is all set.


This past weekend we headed down to Dundas to visit my brother and sister-in-law, but mostly baby Dylan. He is getting so cute and so big! We had a great afternoon of swimming and just chilling. Then Saturday, we went to Toronto for a day of shopping. It was totally exausting, but so much fun. We checked out the Vaughn Mills Centre, I'd never been before, and the stores there are so great and the deals we found were amazing. We loaded up on clothes for Shana and the babes, and even Chris. I declined to shop for myself - I'm at the stage of pregnancy that I just want to be done and don't feeling like buying any more maternity clothes! So, all in all, we had a great day - except I did pay for it later in the night with extremely sore hips and pelvic muscles from walking all day. Oh the joys of being pregnant!


I'm now almost 31 weeks along, still feeling pretty good, but I do have my tired days, and the odd sore back days. Shana has been a dream child lately, which has been an absolute blessing. I don't think I could've handled any major issues with her right now. She's been a great Mommy's little helper, and she's also been pretty sensitive to how I've been feeling. She is talking more and more all the time, she pretty much learns a new word or two every day. She is happy little girl, but is definitely missing her grandma - who she asks for several times a day. I keep telling her that grandma is going to wake up soon and come see her and she continues to pray that every day too. Thank you to all who are believing that with us, your prayer, love and support mean more to my family than you know. We love you all!! Chris & Heather

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back - I kept checking!!! Even though you are on facebook - I like seeing you here as well!! LOVE & CONTINUAL PRAYERS!!!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Em said...

Hey Heather, Shana sure is getting big! We haven't moved the kids into beds yet - I'm not ready for that yet! McAuley climbed out of his crib a few times a couple weeks ago, but now he's seemed to have stopped. He's a quick learner!
We are looking forward to hearing the news about your new baby!!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home