The One with Mother's Day!
Well this picture of my beautiful girl was taken on Sunday (mother's day) in my mom and dad's backyard. She later broke one of the tulips off the stem - sorry Mom. So, I had a great Mother's Day. Chris was so good to me, even though I'm not his mom, but Shana is too little to really realize it's not all about her! He cleaned quite a bit for me this weekend, my favourite of which was when he cleaned the bathroom - top to bottom. He even scrubbed the baseboards and took out the light bulbs and washed them! He helped me with little things around the house, it was so great. On Sunday, he made me pancakes (my favourite!) for breakfast. Then the best was when late Sunday night, he surprised me by calling me outside at 10:30 at night. He had the backyard lit up with candles, he had soft music playing and had set out some fake champaigne for us. It was so romantic! We just sat and talked and then we danced for a bit under the stars - wow, it was great!So that was my wonderful Mother's Day. We spent the afternoon over at my parent's house, it was a beautiful day. Chris & I had picked up a little painting for my mom, painted by my friend Nicole - it matches her kitchen and she loved it!
So, I'd love to have some comments back and hear what everybody did for Mother's Day. It's becoming my favourite holiday next to Christmas! See ya!

4 Comments:
well...for Mothers Day I hung out in the backyard and took some beautiful pictures of my neice and the flowers, then i helped my brother in law try to find some lights for a romantic gesture he was doing for his wife, other than that, not much,Peter and Becky came over and I talked to Jason for a bit too. That was my fun Mother's Day. Yay!
hey Jenn - what a great sister-in-law you are - to help out that romantic Chris!!!! So happy that you had such a good Mothers Day Heather!! Good Mom's NEED wonderful days!!!! Love ya all!!
WOW!! That's so romantic. I think I will get Jason to get some pointers from Chris! LOL!!
We had church in the morning, the twins made cards for me in class. I got a Carnation from church...which Zayne broke in half. We did not join the rest of the family at my parent's house, but rather went home. Jason made me pancakes with fruit on top and we ate them outside on the deck. I spent the afternoon cleaning all my new Tupperware, hanging out with the kids, ect. Jason set up a cool Fire Bowl that he got me for Mother's Day, we went on a walk (Well, we walked down to Zellers and I bought some pansies, while Jason went on a walk with the kids.) And After the kids had gone to bed, I sat out by the fire by myself, roasted a smokey and some marshmellows, then Jason joined me before the fire went out. That was my day!!
oh...i didnt actually help him, i couldnt find any lights...lol. so the gesture was all his own...i must say the norah jones cd was a nice touch
Post a Comment
<< Home