The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Friday, March 30, 2007

The One With The Translations

I haven't written much in the last week, not much is going on around here out of the ordinary. The next few weeks will be busier though, so I'm sure there will be more interesting stories to tell. However, I wanted to take the opportunity to do something that I have wanted to do for a while. To be honest, I'm stealing an idea from Emily that she did on her blog a while back, I thought it was so cute that I wanted to do the same. Shana is growing constantly and so is her vocabulary. She pretty much can repeat any word that you ask her to, however she has her own words that she uses on a regular basis. Some of you see her at church, or talk to her on the phone, or babysit her or will see her soon and would like to know what she is talking about . . . . well, below is a list that you can turn to for translations on all of Shana's words. Hope this is helpful!

Shana's Words Translation

"Mommy" = Mommy

"Daddy" = Daddy

"Mama" = Grandma

"Bapa" = Grandpa

"Deetie" = Auntie

"Gacky" = Uncle Danny, monkey back pack, or ducky

"Shaza" = Shana

"Bebe" = Baby

"Bow" = Ball, grapes

"Nana" = Banana

"Balloo" = Balloon

"Uh,oh" = Soother please

"peas" = Please

"cup" = Juice

"ummies" = Any type of snack

"Woof" = Any and all animals

"Vi-eOH!!" = Video

"Walk" = Outside

"Hat" = Hat or sunglasses

"LipBo" = Lip Balm

"Bapoo" = Poop

"Bit!!" = Timbit

"Peeyo" = Pillow

"I Luff" = I love you

"Bubbo" = Bubbles, or Bible

"Awight" = Alright

"Up" = Both up and down

"Nont" = Combination of No and Don't

"All-bye" = All done

"Ee-duu" = Amen

"Pay" = Pray

"Uck" = Anything foreign found on the floor - paper, crumbs, etc

"Eeehhh? Tees?" = I want to brush my teeth

"Sawwy" = I'm sorry

"Dee, Why" = Deep and Wide

Well, I hope these translations have been helpful to you, and you will be able to communicate with Shana more efficiently! By the way, spring is here - woohoo! I actually got a bit of a sunburn on Tuesday, it was 26 degrees!

4 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Haha...that is so sweet! I love the way Zayne mimics things we say - then there are times I'm like, "Jason, look what you've done! Now people will wonder what we talk about at home!!" Haha...it's so fun to watch their vocab. expanding and understanding growing!

Wasn't Tuesday BEAUTIFUL! I was in a tank top and shorts all day and it was HOT!! Wow...my old home is still covered in snow.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

you forgot "up"=pick me up or put me down.
AND.....how could you forget "whats that" "why"...lol

1:38 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hey Jenn, I made some edits and added a few more. I'm sure I'll think of more later and then forget when I sit down at the computer. I'm glad somebody enjoyed it other than mee!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the words Shana can say - can almost hear her!!! LOL June will be here soon and I will see her up close and personal then - and thanks to the list - we can communicate!!! Thanks!! She can pretty much have all her needs met now!! WELL - we are not SHOUTING spring here yet. We have had it warm - but it still knows how to drop those degrees!!
Glad you are enjoying spring there!! later...

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home