The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The One Where Winter is Almost Gone






I know the pictures can be deceiving, but it really is warm here. Yesterday it was almost 15 degrees, however we had so much snow that it is taking a bit to melt. Chris & I took Shana for a walk after supper yesterday, it was so beautiful. We went to Tim Horton's and I had my first ice capp of the season, Shana polished off 2 timbits and Chris won a coffee with roll up the rim - woohoo! Anyway, when we got home Chris decided to shovel off the back patio so that it dries faster. I put Shana in her snow suit so that she could play outside while he was shovelling. She had so much fun, as you can see by the pictures. They were out for almost an hour, finally we had to bring her in because it would be dark soon and she needed a bath. We called for her to come in and she ran the other way, Chris finally had to drag her in while she was crying. I tried to take her snow suit off and she was trying to zip it up as fast as I was trying to unzip it. Even after she had all her gear off, she later brought me her boots and stood at the back door. It's good she loves the outdoors so much, she definitely takes after her daddy in that regard. I promised her that we'd go out today, but it mostly rained all day. The good news is that the snow is almost gone, and it's been consistently nice for a few days. I'm hoping that this means winter is finally almost over. I'm looking forward to sitting outside on the patio suntanning while Shana plays in the backyard. Oh summer life, I can't wait!

6 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

LUCKY! Looks like fun! The kids played outside once the whole winter and it was a nightmare. Pretty much all the snow is gone now...so it's rubber boots for them!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! i really should get into it. Shana is not longer a baby ....she looks sooo much like a big girl now.

Alysia J

1:10 PM  
Blogger Alesha said...

That is the best pic of Mitchy and shana!! Little cutie. Tyson is all about going outside now too but it sucks b/c its all melty so they get so wet. Mind you we had a butt load of snow yesterday so that kinda dashed my hopes that spring was on its way but i think it still is just around the corner. Hey, i had my 1st ice capp 2 days ago! Cheers!

1:13 PM  
Blogger mel said...

awww too cute. there is nothing better than a dad who hangs out with his kiddos. i am loving the pic!
the last bit of the snow was taken away today with the rain. yeah! spring is here, i can smell it! or it's the 6 months of dog crap i smell...

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just thought I should let you know, Zayne has been talking about Shana for 2 days now. Maybe it was the purses we looked at in the mall. Yesterday, she told me that Shana was at Mcdonalds (where we were going after the Mall). Today she told that Shana was coming for her birthday party. Hmmm...have our girls been planning something behind our backs??

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW the look of absolute acceleration and glee mix - makes me see Chris in Shana like never before!!! The pictures said it all - I knew she would NOT want to go back into the house after all that fun!! SO - Shana getting a 'Board' Next birthday???? Think her and her Dad will be hitting slopes SOON!! Good pictures of Shana and love the one with her and Chris together!!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home