The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The One Where I'm 12 Weeks

Here's my little grumpy girl. LOL. She's actually usually very happy but I couldn't resist posting this picture. Well, I'm 12 weeks now and starting to feel much better. I have the odd bad day, but for the most part I'm feeling pretty good. I had another pre-natal appointment on Monday and that went well, the only disappointing thing was that is was too early to hear the heartbeat. My doctor tried with the doplar but couldn't pick it up, I heard my own though! LOL. Anyway, hopefully next appointment. I remember I was 17 weeks before I heard Shana's, so I guess I need to be more patient.

Things are going well here. Shana is getting over the teething hump. Her bottom molars are finally all the way through, as well as her top eye teeth have come through the surface, now it's just the bottom eye teeth to come through - they are right there so it's only a matter of time.

Joel, Alesha, Tyson and Jackson are all here for a few weeks. We saw them last night and it was so good to see them again, I know Chris was especially looking forward to seeing Joel because we hadn't seen him since the summer. Hopefully we'll have lots of time to spend with them over the next few weeks. We are all going on the Twenty20 getaway this coming weekend. It'll be at the Tim Horton's farm and it should be really good. Ordinarily I would super stoked about Timmy's coffee all weekend, but I haven't been able to drink coffee this pregnancy, decaf or anything. It's been a little annoying because I love my coffee and really miss it. Tea has been okay and seems to be sitting fine. I was the exact opposite with Shana, I could drink coffee but not tea. Maybe I'm having a boy! Who knows?

In other news, we've booked our flight out west. We got a super good seat sale, so we'll be leaving for Saskatoon on May 31st and then onto Swift Current. We're really looking forward to seeing our family out west again, it's been too long!

Before I go, one more thing. Shana has a new gold sequence purse that she got from her Grandma Lee. Shana has been fascinated with my mom's purse (it's gold) since she got it, so mom went out and found Shana a mini purse just for her. She has not parted with it in a week! She carries it everywhere. She wants to bring it when we leave the house, she carries a little fake cell phone and a fuzzy kitty in it. She looks so grown up with it! My little girlie-girl. Well, that's about all for now. Maybe I'll more exciting stuff to write about after the weekend. Bye for now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Hey it was GREAT to see you last night! Sorry I did not really get to talk to you much, between trying to eat, feed the kids, and keep them entertained, I did not have alot of time to chat! It was fun to watch the kids playing together and getting along (most of the time). I still cannot get over how tall Shana is...even her fingers are long! I was even more impressed with how Zayne knew her name by the end of the night...so sweet. I will post those videos when I get a chance to load & edit them. Maybe some day we'll have to plan a play date at McDonalds or something!

10:42 AM  
Blogger mel said...

aww i am loving the purse story!! at my 6 week ultra sound we were told that we would not ba able to see the heart beat (too young) but there it was, beating like crazy. at my 10 week appoint, they told me it was too early to hear the heart beat but they tried. i remember laying there going 'please, God please' and about 5 seconds later we heard it. freaky.
i am glad that you are feeling better.
enjoy your company, tell them c and i say hi.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home