The One Where Chris Does the Dishes
A miracle has taken place, as you can see! LOL, actually, he helps me out quite a bit, usually drying. But last night, he actually did everything by himself. It was awesome just to sit and relax after supper and play with Shana. He even gave her a bath for me and then I put her to bed, which is the easy job. We also had a really relaxing night, we just chilled out and watched an old movie, we had popcorn and juice (oh the joys of being pregnant!)So, I'm sorry I haven't been doing this much, my days and evenings have been really busy. Shana has been more of a handful during the day, she is teething right now, her bottom two molars have just started to poke through, but all four eye teeth are still at the surface. It hasn't been fun for her. She hasn't been sleeping well at night, usually waking up once or twice, and then getting up about 6:30 or 7 every morning, she used to sleep til 8 or 8:30, and she's only been taking hour or hour and half long naps. So needless to say, I've been very tired lately along with the usual first trimester stuff. I'm looking forward to this little phase to pass.
This past week was Chris' birthday (Monday). We didn't do anything huge for him, we mostly just celebrated with family. We went out for dinner on Saturday night, Jenn and Shana came along, we ate at Boston Pizza (which is what I was craving - I hadn't eaten ther since I lived in Saskatoon). On Sunday Mom made dinner for Chris, the most amazing ribs! I made a chocolate cheesecake for dessert and then we played some of the new games that Chris got for his birthday. He received 3 new games, which was quite exciting for us, we're totally games people. I think he had a good birthday, but I do wonder if he wishes he had a party. Oh well, it's too late now. I know he was definitely missing his family, as he usually does around holidays. But we'll see them soon, we are planning a trip in June for Terry's wedding, and that will be here before we know it.
In other news, I have been feeling pretty good, just mostly tired and a little nauseous around supper time and into the evening. We are also pretty excited because we are getting involved with Twenty/20, the young adults group in our church. We are going to be a part of the leadership team, we are super excited about it and really look forward to working with Pastor Paul and Susan.
Well, I should go, I need to get my house tidied up a bit, we're having some friends over tonight (to play games!) and I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow. Ikea here I come! Woohoo. TTYL.

7 Comments:
yeah those ribs were yummy, Jason has been raving about them all week. You are going to ikea tomorrow? no fair! wanna get me a cd rack?
oh yeah i wrote a new blog
Jenn, I told you to come with us if you want. We're leaving around noon, call me.
hi Heather & Chris & Shana!! I am so excited that you are expecting a baby!! AND we will be seeing you in June at T & T's wedding....so much happening!
I hope that Shana gets those teeth soon - it takes so much out of those little people. PLUS getting the flu - YUK!
ANYWAY - love to you all!!! Char
hey about thoes puppies!!! lol, also, i think chris has a few trick he will have to show joel when we are home!!!cant wait to see you guys
I thought I taught Chris better than that. DISHES?
Dad
happy belated birthday to chris!
Post a Comment
<< Home