The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Monday, January 22, 2007

The One Where I'm Pregnant

Well, for some of you this is old news, but I thought I should at least announce it so that some of my internet friends that I don't talk to very often would know. So, anyway - I'M PREGNANT!! We are expecting our baby around the 1st week of September. I just had my first pre-natal appointment today and it looks like all is well. I've been feeling pretty good, except for the extreme fatigue in the afternoon, and slight nausea around supper time. But, at least it's not in the morning, I don't know if I could handle that - with getting up early with Shana and all. So, anyway, that is our news and we are super excited!

Well, this week hasn't been the greatest of weeks. Shana ended up with the flu on Thursday night, she spent 2 days puking and other things (yuck). She didn't eat much for a few days, but now she is eating and drinking better, but she is sleeping constantly. I can't wait until she is back to her old self. I love this cuddly Shana who sits on my lap all day and falls asleep on me, but I really don't get anything done like that. And it is so hard to see your child not well, you just wish you could take it for them. Also, Chris got the flu as well on Saturday night. He is still trying to get over it, so I've definitely had better weekends. Although, the weekend wasn't all bad. We had a party over at Devon & Deb's on Saturday night. It was super fun, the guys congregated downstairs and the girls ended up chatting in the living room (why does that always happen?) I haven't spent that much time chatting with a bunch of girls in a long time, we laughed a lot! Today our new computer arrived! Woohoo! It is so great and so fast. I didn't realize what I was missing, it's amazing what a little more memory will do. I did lose a bunch of pictures from my old computer, but I'm hoping to be able to recover a few. So anyway, that is the update from us. Have a great week!

6 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

yeah for you guys! c and i are so happy for you. i hope you are feeling better soon and you have the greatest pregnancy evah. enjoy it! yea for babies!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Alesha said...

I have a few pics i'll email you of Shana. Hope you feel better soon but hey its a good excuse to lay on the couch and watch TV!!
Love ya

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

ahh the flu...i can relate...i am FINALLY feeling better today! Mother has it now though...anyway, yay for new babies! and yay for new computers! i might have some pics for you as well.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I had no idea you were excpecting! That's super!! Congrats! You'll have loads of fun with 2 little ones! I feel ya on the nausea...bleck!

I'm sorry that your house has been hit with the flu. We had it something severe around Christmas. My case may have also been food poisoning from an event at the Elm Hurst - pretty much everyone who ordered Prime Rib was terribly sick the next day.
It's so hard when your baby is sick, though. Because she can't communicate what hurts. I learned with the twins not to give them any milk till they stopped throwing up, because it was not sitting well in the their stomach. Poor babies!! Hope all gets back to normal quickly!!
Congrats on the new computer - that is on our list of things to get soon!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hey, thanks everybody for the congrats. We are very excited about 2 little ones! By the way, Em, I definitely learned my lesson not to give Shana milk when she's sick. It gave her diarrhea on top of everything else. She is just now starting to drink milk again, and it's been almost a week. She drank juice and water like it was going out of style the entire time, but now I can't get her to drink much at all! It's a little frustrating, but at least she's eating again. Anyway, thanks for all the comments.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love making babies.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home