The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The One with the update

Sorry, still no pictures - I'm hoping to get some scanned in the next week or so. I'll post some new ones of Shana as soon as I can. I've had a few emails lately about my lack of up to date family pictures, so I apologize - they are coming! Well, I thought I'd give a quick update on what's been happening with us. Chris started a new job on Monday which he loves! It was such a wonderful opportunity for him and we couldn't pass that up, so we are pretty excited about it. We finished all of our Christmas shopping on the weekend. Yay!! I love Christmas shopping, especially with Chris, he's so fun to hang out with. I guess it's a good thing I married him. LOL. Anyhoo, we went to the Cambridge Centre and finished our shopping there - man, what an awesome mall! We walked around with our coffees from Second Cup and watched the ice skaters and just shopped, it doesn't get much better - mmmm, coffee and shopping. Later in the afternoon, Dan & Amber came to visit. We hung out, I cooked dinner and then we watched a couple movies. It was fun hanging with them, they ended up staying over night and then came to church with us in the morning. I was in the Christmas choir, which went awesome by the way, but I was so tired by the time both services were done and I literally had no voice. We also became Covenant Members at our church, which is a big deal and very exciting for us. We love this church and believe this is where God has planted us and a wonderful safe place to raise our family. I thank God every day for bringing us here and giving us such wonderful Pastors. Anyway, after church we went for lunch with Dan & Amber. Shana was literally stuffing her face with the pitas from the spinach & artichoke dip appetizer. It was quite the sight. She definitely loves her uncle Danny and was very sad to see him go later that afternoon. However, the next day her grief was turned to joy with the return of her Grandma & Grandpa and Auntie from Guatemala. They had an awesome time but were very glad to return to civilization - and Shana got some pretty cute Guatemalan presents. Well, that's pretty much it. I'm just finishing up my Christmas cards so I should be able to get them in the mail in the next few days - and then I can officially say I'm ready for the Christmas season! By the way, if anyone wants some great gift ideas for us - we really need a digital camera! And, I'm still missing seasons 1-5 & 7 of Friends. (Alesha that doesn't mean you - I still stand by what I said! LOL.) Love you all and wish a joy filled Christmas season! In all the rush and busyness of the holidays, don't forget the reason for the celebrating. Jesus came to the earth as a man to give His life to save us from sin, pain & death. He is the reason we are celebrating, if we take our eyes off of that, the holidays just turn into a another day on the calendar and more money out of our pockets. We give to those we love to represent the greatest gift that was ever given - Jesus' life for us. God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home