The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The One with all the Christmas Parties

This picture is pretty blurry (it was taken with my sister's camera phone), but you get the general idea. It was taken at one of the parties that we attended over the weekend. Saturday was pretty busy, we had two Christmas parties to attend. One in the afternoon and one in the evening. The picture of Shana is taken at the home of the head of the nursery/toddler classes, it was a party for the workers and their families. We had a good time, and Shana had a great time playing with coasters and cookie cutters, it's amazing what kids can find to amuse themselves. The evening party was at a friend of ours home, the food was amazing and there was a chocolate fountain - much to Chris' delight. We had a gift exchange as well, which was a blast! We didn't do the traditional stealing game, it was a little different. Everyone sat in a circle with the gift that they brought. Then a story was read and each time the word left or right was spoken, you had to pass the gift in that direction and whatever gift you end up with in the end - you get to open! Chris ended up with a game called "Labryinth", it a maze game that requires you to maneauver a little metal ball around a maze using the knobs on the side to tilt the game forward or backward or sideways. Needless to say, Chris had the game mastered within a day - his next challenge is to use his feet! I received edible items (the greatest gift!), chocolate mint thins and hazelnut chocolates, ymmmmm!

On Sunday Mom spent the day with us at our house. She came home with us after church and her and I went shopping while Shana and Chris had their afternoon naps. Dad joined us for dinner after he returned home from the Raptors game with my bro. Yesterday I had a little mini Christmas party of my own. Adam & Nicole came over with their kids and I had made lots of Hors Deuvers (???), we had fake wine and cookies and chocolate, we also played games and drank coffee, it was tons of fun.

Tonight Jenn and I have a banquet to go to, we are singing in the choir that is performing for it. It should be fun, although neither of us have practised very much - oops. Well, I hope you all have a good first day of winter tomorrow! It's not really feeling very wintery around here, I guess we'll be having a green Christmas. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

the pic is only blurry because she was running in it...hahaha...its not an action shot cam.lol...that fake party sounds fun...too bad i wasnt invited...just for that you cant come to my party with ryan,sarah and jay...lol. Seriously though dude, I found so many great gifts for you, its sucks i couldnt get you anything this year.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Man, it sucks not having a white Christmas! I mean, I saw a flowery plant in bloom in my front garden yesterday. But I have to say I do appreciate not having to get the kids suited up just to go to the car...and I have not had to buy them boots yet. I'm glad things are still green because it would be even more depressing if everything was brown and dead - like Saskatchewan. But a little bit of white stuff would really help things feel like Christmas!!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home