The Mitchell Family

I'm 26 years old. I'm the wife of the most handsome man I know, and the mother of the most beautiful little girl. A little biast, but that's okay. I live in K-Dub, and love it! Life is good and God is great. Hope you enjoy reading up on our lives and all that God is doing through us and in us. Bless you all and thanks for listening (or reading!)

Monday, November 06, 2006

The One with the Hyper Chocolate Baby


So today is my brother's birthday and yesterday we had a little family party for him at my house. I made tacos - Dan's favourite birthday request. I also had chocolate cake for dessert, which you can tell by the pictures that Shana LOVED! She had so much fun eating it, but I have to say that cleaning up the mess afterwards was not nearly as much fun. Mom was here, so she took Shana straight upstairs and gave her a bath. Unfortunately the chocolate was starting to kick in so my bathroom and my mom were soaked in the bathing process, needless to say, Shana loves bathtime - especially when she's had chocolate cake!

Well, I had a very good week. Those of you who read Alesha's blog know that she is here visiting right now. It was a surprise for her parent's 25th anniversary, and I was able to be a part of the surprise. Jenn and I drove to Toronto to pick up Alesha and J.J. (oh my God, he's so cute!) on Thursday. We spent the day together hanging out, catching up, eating pizza and watching Friends - just like old times. Alesha spent the night at my place and then her and I spent Friday together, mostly shopping, which is always fun. We went to the Children's Place, which I haven't been to since I moved from Saskatoon - there is one in Cambridge but it's too out of the way for me to get there often. Anyway, man, I love that store! It's adult clothes shrunk to little people size - so cute! I bought Shana a Christmas dress with matching hat, also the cutest little fur coat (which my mom is giving to her for Christmas), she is going to look like a little angel. Needless to say, Alesha and I had tons of fun together, unfortunately those times are few and far between, but I'm thankful the times we do have.

Also, a side note, on Saturday night Shana slept in a big bed for her very first time. We were at Adam & Nicole's house and we didn't have our playpen (we're letting J.J. use it while he's here). So, instead of having to leave at 8 PM when Shana would need to go to bed, we thought we'd try her in a bed. She did great! I just turned off all the lights when we were putting her to bed, so she didn't really notice that she wasn't getting into a crib or playpen. I proped pillows around her, tucked her in with her bottle and soother - and she was all good. We didn't hear a peep from her all evening. My little girl is growing up - sniff, sniff.

TTYL!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm chocolate babies git in my bellay!!! lol.....hahahahaha...shan is cute!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

i made a blogger so click my name and add me to your links...its still under works

3:12 PM  
Blogger Em said...

If you want to add some links, give me a shout. Your template does not have an area alocated for them, as other ones do, but I can add the code if you want.
Let me know!
I'd just get you to send me a copy of all your code in your template and I'd work from there - or you could just give me your log-in info (like Alesha has done) and I can do it right on your page. It gets complicated when the template is not already there...

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home