The One with the Angry Pedestrian
I'M BACK!!! I didn't actually go anywhere, I have just been suffering from some major writer's block. But, as I was out walking today I suddenly had a revelation and I thought I would use my blog to let out some steam. Shana and I were out for our daily walk, which sometimes is a nice leisurely stroll and other times we're fighting for our very lives! Today for instance, we were walking (on the sidewalk!) and a car comes tearing out of the gas station that we were walking by, she did not stop to let us walk by, she didn't even pause to check for oncoming traffic, she just peeled out (maybe she stole the gas!) I guess she didn't read the part in her driver's handbook about yielding to pedestrians, especially pedestrians with a baby in a stroller. I had to quickly stop and pull the stroller back or I'm sure she would've run us down in her haste. Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened. At least once a week, somebody disobeys basic traffic laws and puts myself and my little girl in danger. Seriously, who gives these people their licenses? For instance, a week or two ago, Shana and I were waiting to cross at the intersection, when the little man appeared to let us know we could walk, we stepped off the curb only to have a car come squealing around the corner and slam their breaks on right beside me, my leg pretty much was touching the front bumper of the car. I turned around and faced the lady in the car and gave her what I like to call "the Marnie look." Those of you who know my mother are cringing at the thought right now. Anyway, I think I got my point across, but for good measure, I paused for a few seconds and then leisurely continued across the road. Well, after today's incident, I have an ingenious idea for companies that specialize in baby gear - a stroller with a built-in horn. I know I'll be a millionaire for this one. For more blogs about idiotic drivers, check out Alesha's blog, she's got a doosy!

3 Comments:
I was going to suggest carrying a fog horn with you, but that might blow shana's ear drums out! I would have pretended to be hit by that stupid driver,that would scare them. I noticed here in Ontario NO ONE stops for Pedestrian Cross Walks...mind you, no one uses them!! I saw a little old lady with a walker j-walking on a very very busy street - just about 20 feet from a crosswalk. Go figure.
LOL emily you're funny! Hey heather hook me up with one of your honking strollers and i was thinking we should start some kind of Angry mothers club for crappy drivers! you can be the president simce you know all the big fancy words and have a keen way of making idiots feel like morons!! thats one of the many reasons i love you!
I will add my name to the list - as an Angry Mom, I am totally ticked off that the new managers at the Wacky Wizard Dollar store - just 1 block from my house - have decided to increase the stock of their store by expanding...onto to the floor and all over the aisles. I *used* to be able to navigate my jogger with ease through the store, never bumping anything. I loved it. Now I can't even get 2 feet down a row when I get stuck on a box or display stand. This also means that people and wheelchairs can't fit either. I should write another Brick in our paper...Grrrrr.
Post a Comment
<< Home