The one with Shana in a box

Well, it's just after 3 PM and Shana is FINALLY sleeping. It is such a beautiful day here that I decided Shana and I needed to take a walk in the late morning. Well, we were not even walking 5 minutes and I looked down in the stroller and she was fast asleep. It must have been the nice warm sunshine and the soothing bump, bump, bump of the stroller on the sidewalk. Anyway, we only walked for about 20 - 25 minutes, but it was just long enough that she got her second wind and would not take a nap at her usual time. I finally gave up fighting with her and brought her downstairs to play, but after an hour of that, she was getting cranky - so I tried again. Two diaper changes, and two bottles later she is fast asleep. Hallelujah! Not that I don't love hanging out with my little girl, but I love it even more when she is rested. All you moms out there say, "AMEN!"
Anyhoo, now that I have a moment to myself, I can update on my life in the last week. I'd love to say that I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to write anything, but unfortunately it's been the opposite, my week was pretty normal that I didn't write just so I wouldn't bore my faithful readers. My week was pretty good, other than Friday Chris & I had to go to the dentist - woohoo, that's always fun. Saturday was rainy and cold, so other than grocery shopping, we stayed inside all day. Yesterday we went to church. We decided to try out the 8:30 service and we really enjoyed it. We were leaving church by 10:30 Am and still had the whole day ahead of us. We went to Timmy's with mom and dad, I finally got to try their new breakfast sandwiches! SO GOOD!! Sorry, McyD's - but they are so much better, definitely my new favorite thing. In the late afternoon I went to the rehearsal for the Christmas Choir that I'm in. Jenn and I usually do this together and we have fun. This time Jenn made me, and I do me "made me" audition for a solo in the choir. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I was a little nervous only cause I'd never done anything like that before. Usually when I get really nervous, I get all clammy and stuff, but I was feeling fine until it was my turn to sing and my voice came out all shaky - how embarrassing. Oh well. If I get a part great, if not, I just get to blend in with the other 50 or so people. Well, that's all the excitement I can think to write about right now, I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:
She likes boxes, too?? Good...my kids aren't crazy! I bring home boxes sometimes when I am shopping at Basics....I have a big one now, from all the Halloween Candy. They love it. Did you see the picture of Zayne sitting in her "Laugh'N Learn Puppy" box? Oh, it's classic. She fit perfectly!
Man, skip the Christmas presents, just give 'em boxes!!
Post a Comment
<< Home